Welcome to OWU!
CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to attend Ohio Wesleyan University beginning in the Fall 2013! Welcome to the OWU family!
As a new first-year or transfer student, you are REQUIRED to attend two “orientation” events: StART OWU and August Orientation.
- StART OWU focuses on your academic orientation to OWU and takes place in June. Three sessions will be held in June (dates listed below); you only need to attend one of these sessions.
- August Orientation is designed to ease the transition to college, to welcome you to campus and the Delaware community, to begin to introduce you to Ohio Wesleyan’s traditions and expectations and to help you feel a part of the community right away. August Orientation will be held Thursday-Sunday, August 22-25, 2013. Classes will begin on Monday, August 26, 2013.
You’ll leave campus knowing your fall semester schedule and armed with valuable resources to use when you begin classes on Monday, August 26.
Students are strongly encouraged to attend a StART session in June. Those who absolutely can’t attend in June should register for the August mini-StART session. This session will be held on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 (just before the official start of August Orientation). If you need to attend the August StART session, please still register online and select the “I cannot attend in June” option in the appropriate section of the registration form.
Please review the information in the FAQ section as well as the rest of this website to learn more about the StART OWU program.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Laurie Patton ’95
StART OWU Logistics Coordinator
Senior Associate Director of Admission/Events Coordinator
Dr. Jen Yates
StART OWU Academic Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Psychology/Program Director for Neuroscience
Session #1 - Monday, June 17 - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 *** As of 5-29-13, Session #1 is FULL. We are unable to take any additional registrations for this session. If this is the only session you can attend, please contact Laurie Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-368-3026 to be placed on a wait list in case spaces open up***
Session #2 - Friday, June 21 - Saturday, June 22, 2013
Session #3 - Wednesday, June 26 - Thursday, June 27, 2013
- June StART programs begin with Check-In on Day One between 10 a.m. - noon.
- Program will end by 3 p.m. on Day Two.
- For students traveling by themselves and from a distance, we CAN accommodate an extra overnight on campus the evening before Day One. We recommend arriving mid/late afternoon, but can accommodate any arrival time needed.
- We will also provide necessary transportation to/from the airport for those traveling alone.
- Check out the TENTATIVE Schedule of Events.
August mini-StART - Wednesday, August 21, 2013
(only for students who absolutely cannot attend one of the June StART sessions)
- August StART program will begin between noon - 2 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21, 2013.
- August StART program will conclude by 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21, 2013.
- Students participating in August StART will be able to move into their residence hall room in the morning on Wednesday, August 21, 2013.
August Orientation 2013
(all new students)
Thursday - Sunday, August 22-25, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
September 27-29, 2013
October 4-6, 2013